Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bigger than Space!

Make me a captive, Lord,
And then I shall be free;
Force me to render up my sword,
And I shall conqueror be.

I sink in life's alarms
When by myself I stand;
Imprison me within Thine arms,
And strong shall be my hand.

My heart is weak and poor
Until its master find;
It has no spring of action sure,
It varies with the wind.
It cannot freely move,
Till thou hast wrought its chain;
Enslave it with Thy matchless love,
And deathless it shall reign.

My power is faint and low
Till I have learned to serve:
It wants the needed fire to glow,
It wants the breeze to nerve;
It cannot drive the world
Until itself be driven;
Its flag can only be unfurled
When Thou shalt breathe from heaven.

My will is not my own
Till Thou has made it Thine,
If it would reach a monarch's throne
It must its crown resign:
It only stands unbent,
Amid the clashing strife.
When on Thy bosom it has leant,
And found in Thee its life.

~ G. Matheson

I just found my devotion book from my January trip to Kowanyama.
Wow, it was only one month ago and I have managed to forget all I learnt up there. It was like I came back and blanked it all out.
I had insight into God's love for me while I was there. I knew Him.
I've come back and I don't know. I forgot. Maybe even pushed it away.

Do you know what message really stood out in my devotions? Constantly underlined and gone over and over in pen until I've almost cut through the paper, is one word. Kind.
I kept finding it nearly every day in every message.

But God was kind, He made me what I am, and His wonderful kindness was not wasted!
1 Corinthians 15:10

One big hit with the kids was a song that embedded itself firmly in our minds. One line that says so much.
God's Grace is bigger than Space!!

His grace, God's kindness to me. It is bigger than SPACE! And you know what? For a grace so big, I manage to forget it's there, way more often than not. Silly isn't that?
The next line of the song is " And His love for His friends never ends, it goes on and on and on and on and on, and on and on and on and on and on". Yup, that's right, His love, His kindness, His GRACE, it never ends. It will always go on.

God has been kind enough to trust us with this work, that is why we never give up.
2 Cornintians 4:1

I gotta remember to lean on that grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment