Monday, March 1, 2010

Permanent Reminders


So I've become obsessed with deciding on my next tattoo.
My first isn't anything exciting to others. Just a small elephant
under my ankle.
It hurt like hell!!!
But it has meaning to me. I love elephants. They are graceful,
mate for life and don't forget. Graceful and unforgetful
- two things I'm not :)

I really want to get sojourner on my foot.




I'm only a sojourner on this earth. It's my temporary home until
heaven and eternity.
I like to remember that. It makes everything I do here and now
more important.
I don't know if that makes sense to others, but it does to me and
that's all that matters, right?

But then there were so many others I would LOVE.
I want to get a quote on my back, probably this one as it's one of
my top favourites!

I am only one, but still I am one. I can not do everything, but still
I can do something. And because I can not do everything I will not
refuse to do the something I can do. - Helen Keller

And then I would love to get the word change on my wrist. I had a
friend laugh at the irony in getting the word Change as a tattoo,
something which is permanent and can't be changed :)
But I'm always forgetting that change is something I have to do,
it can't happen unless I step out and cause it.
hmm it's mainly words I want. Permanent reminders to myself,
about who I am, who I want to be and what I can do.

Gotta be careful though, don't want to look trashy.
And I know my family are all against tattoos. They didn't bring me
up to want them. But that is who I am. I like how it portrays who I
am. I like that it can be a permanent statement to the world of on
what I stand.
I don't know others opinions on the idea, I'm sure they vary from
complete disgust to whatever floats your boat.
But for me, I'm in love with them.

1 comment:

  1. I love elephants too! They're my favorite exotic animal. And I like the idea behind "sojourner"..very cool.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really like the layout of yours!

    ReplyDelete