Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Only one


It's become a bit of a joke that I'm out to save the world.
One of my close friends, her partner and mates have started to refer to me as Mother Theresa.
Honestly, I don't like it.
Not even the slightest bit.
I don't like being compared to a saint, and not someone so amazing and such a women of God as her. And I don't like the image of being a save the world crusader.
Is that wrong?
Should I be embracing this?

Do you know what God's will is for your life? I believe it's quite simple.
To love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind.
To love your neighbour as yourself.
And to look after the widows, orphans and those in need.

Those in need... Those lacking.
Those lacking in companionship
Those lacking in conversation
Those lacking in friendship
Those lacking in food and drink
Those lacking in shelter
Those lacking in nappies, formula & bottles
Those lacking in love
Those lacking in self esteem
Those lacking in family
Those lacking in a listening ear
The list is never ending.

My all time favourite quote is...

"I am only one, but still I am one.
I can not do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do"
~ Helen Keller.

There are a LOT of people out there lacking in physical and emotional and spiritual essentials to life.

Don't look at the large, gigantic, terrifyingly huge percentage of the population this encompasses.
Instead look at the one.

I am only one.

I can do something.

I will not refuse to do the something I can do.

That's all I'm doing.
The something I can do


No comments:

Post a Comment