Friday, June 18, 2010

rest

I've not been up to posting anything for a lil' while now.
I have sat down, intent on writing something, anything, and my fingers have been lifeless and my mind blank.
I'm exhausted when I'm at home. I'm exhausted right now... don't quite know how I'm able to type properly.

I've been so busy lately. Work, Salvo's and way too rarely I fit in a friend or two.
If I'm not at home I'm fine. Somehow the body keeps going, though my mind might not always function at its highest level.
I don't feel like I'm doing too much, I'm looking after myself to the same degree as usual. I just have lost spare time for me.
I wonder if it will catch up on me? At the moment I rest in God's grace and call on His strength. Do I need more? I think many people would say "YES!".
But this week I've been wondering... Do we really need more? Or is that the world's point of view?
I really only feel I need to make sure I'm not making myself too busy working as well as doing what I feel is God's work, to keep in touch with Him. Which I admit, I've been doing lately. How can I do it in His strength if I don't even have time for Him?
I'm glad I've noticed. Can't fix a problem until you know it exists right?
Enjoy your weekend, sit down with a cup of tea and enjoy basking in the peace and rest only the Lord can provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment